Roasted Turkey - Split Turkey

Split turkey hot out of the oven!
Looking for a roasted turkey recipe for split turkey? From the Today Show on Wednesday morning, they featured this roasted turkey. Talk about easy, and honestly, it's the best darn turkey I've EVER eaten! Make this split turkey and ALL the meat will be juicy and moist and oh-so scrumptious!

I used fresh rosemary from my herb garden, thyme, salt, pepper and I threw the garlic cloves (a whole bunch) in without peeling. The chef on the show did it and why not? After all, the drippings are strained before you make the gravy, right?  

14 1/2 lb turkey, 425 degrees and I cooked it for 1 hr 45 minutes! No foil, no cover, just the herbs on top of the turkey. Use your meat thermometer (great kitchen tool!); I made sure the turkey was heated to 175 degrees thru the thickest part of the breast and thigh before removing from the oven. Just use your thermometer guide and you're set! :)

Be sure to wear an apron when you prepare this roasted turkey because slathering the butter all over can be messy. I promise you it will be worth the few minutes it takes to prepare this split turkey.

P.S. One warning though......the only "drawback" I have with this roasted turkey recipe is you end up without a turkey wishbone because it's cut during the prep. Oh well.......  :)

Comments

  1. This looks and sounds so yummy! Will have to try it next time I have a bird handy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using this recipe since 2011 and it come out great each time. Plus it has really reduced the amount of time in the oven but still presents well. I'm making my next one today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it the greatest thing since sliced bread? LOL I Love this recipe! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

      Delete

Post a Comment

So glad to hear from you! Thanks for visiting!

Popular Posts